Renew Massage & Beauty
Full Body - $30
Part Body - $25
I use a product called B. Gorgeous 8 Hour or Malibu Nights 2 Hour. B. Gorgeous is suitable for all skin types and is quick drying, non sticky and contains the highest grade 100% Certiied Organic DHA which has been scientifically engineered to deliver the most GORGEOUS natural looking tafn. B. Gorgeous 8 Hour has been designed to develop over an 8 hour period. Malibu Nights contains 100% Eco Cert Organic rapid DHA which enables faster developing times and offers the client the ability to shower in as little as 2 hours. Malibu Nights has rich violet tones to ensure a deep brown tan.
What is spray tanning?
In spray tanning a solution is sprayed onto the skin. The solutions contain the active ingredients DHA (dihydroxyacetone).
How does spray tan work?
DHA is a colourless chemical (it is derived from glycerine) that interacts with the amino acids in dead skin cells and oxygen to produce a brown colour change. It is like a cut apple turning brown when it is exposed to the air. DHA is not absorbed through the skin in the the body and it has no known toxicity. When the spray tan solution goes on you will instantly see colour, this is not the tan, this is the bronzer which is added to the solution so the applicator can see where the solution has gone. This is going to wash off when you have your first shower. The colour will continue to develop on your skin for up to 12 hours.
How do I prepare for a spray tan?
Preparation is the key to a perfect result. Simply follow these steps to achieve ultimate results:
- Exfoliate thoroughly the night before your tan. DO NOT USE SOAP OR ANY PRODUCTS DURING EXFOLIATION PROCESS OTHER THAN GLOVE.
- Remember to shave/wax the day before tanning to achieve optimum results.
- Do not apply deodorant, moisturizer or wear make-up to your tanning session. These can act as a barrier to your tan and prevent even absorption.
- Wear loose, dark clothing and underwear to your tanning appointment. The cosmetic bronzer in the tan may rub off slightly but will easily wash out of most fabrics. Do not wear jeans or tight pants after spray tan is applied.
- Wear open sandals or thongs to your tanning appointment - no socks or sneakers!
How do I maintain my spray tan?
- Avoid contact with water during the first 8-12 hours after your spray tan has been applied. Water is a spray tan's biggest enemy.
- Wait at least 8-12 hours before showering following your tan application. You will see colour washing off the first time you shower. This is just the bronzing agent, not your tan.
- Apply a moisturiser (e.g. QV lotion - as this will not strip the tan) as often as required following your post tan shower. Your tan will gradually fade until your next exfoliation and tanning session. Drier skin exfoliates quicker so moisturising between sessions is essential to keep your tan alive.
- Avoid long, hot showers/baths and pat skin dry. Do not rub.
- Chlorine will shorten the length of your tan so avoid swimming pools and spas following application.